To Create and Submit an Appendix E for a Multi-State Project:
- Go to the National Information Management Support System at http://www.nimss.org/
- Enter your login and password.
[NOTE: If you don’t have a login ID, click on “New User?” to register. If you forgot, please use the “Forgot Password” link. Please do not re-register.]
- From the left menu, select Participants then select Draft/Edit Particip. Info
- Select “Draft New”
- Select the Project Number
- Select User
- Fill out the form. [NOTE: Do not submit form with all zeroes in the FTE section. It will be returned to you.]
- Click on Submit.
Important Definitions (paraphrased from national guidelines):
- SY: “Scientist Year” – FTE (entered as a decimal less than 1) for Assistant Professors, Assistant Scientist and above.
- PY: “Professional Year” – FTE for persons who hold positions in professional categories and students that hold bachelors or masters degrees.
- TY: “Technical Year” – FTE for technicians, aids, and lab assistants.
If you have any questions, please contact Jan at email@example.com.